Floods usually cause a lot of damage to a home, and hiring a professional firm for flood cleaning in Montreal is crucial. In the following sections, we will explore the steps flood cleanup experts take to bring back normalcy into your home.
Flood Cleaning Montreal
Discarding Food Items
If the freezer stopped working during a flooding, then water damage cleaning professionals will check whether the food items have thawed.
They will also check if these items have been exposed to temperatures of more than 40OF for 2 hours and if so, these food items will be discarded.
Disposal of Insulation
There are different types of insulation and each one reacts differently when exposed to flood waters. Our focus here will be on exploring the details related to the disposal of insulation.
- Loose Fill Insulation: This type of insulation gets settled down to the bottom of the wall and it will be necessary to remove it. If the insulation is not taken out, then it can decay the studding and result in odors.
- Fiberglass Batting: Fiberglass batting is known to bunch, however, it will not result in odors. But, it will be necessary to replace it since its insulating value will be reduced.
- Rock Wool Batting: Similar to fiberglass batting, this will also bunch and settle at the bottom. In addition, if it is an absorbent batting then it may cause odors and expedite the decay of the studding. Thus, there will be no option but to discard this type of insulation.
Cleanup of Canned Foods
If the food is in metal cans (sealed) then you will be able to use them, but they have to be cleaned and sanitized.
- Experts will clean the cans in a detergent solution.
- After that the cans will be put into a bleach solution to sanitize them.